Saturday, April 26, 2008

Wildlife Experience

Knowing that I only had a few days left of having an only child, I wanted to make the most of it. I asked Connor to go on a date with me. I had heard of a place called The Wildlife Experience and decided to check it out. It didn't end up being quite what I was thinking, but there were a few things that caught Connor's attention. One of the first exhibits we saw had a fake rattle snake that moved and hissed. It also had a prairie dog that would bob up and down to peek out of it's hole. Since Connor is currently in the Prairie Dog class at his daycare, we had to get a picture of him with it. Not much else caught his eye until we walked by the cafeteria, so we stopped in for a snack. After eating our yummy HUGE cookies, I decided it was time to think about heading out. In truth, I was bored. On our way out, however, we passed by the gift store. The entrance display had a memory game based on one of his favorite books, Brown Bear - Panda Bear, What Do You See? So of course we had to get it. We ventured further in the store and found a spider "jibbitz" for his Crocs. Of course we had to get that too. After we made our purchases, we made a mad dash for the car in some wild, fierce wind. Although it wasn't quite what I was expecting, I enjoyed this last bit of alone time with Connor.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
We made it home in time for part two of our day . . . babysitting Lexi. With only a few days left before BB joins the family, it was good practice to take care of a little one for a few hours. Connor was so sweet with her. He loved playing with her and did everything he could to get her to smile. It gives me hope of how he'll act with his brother.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home