Photo Op
Due to a potential problem, my perinatologist wanted to do a follow up ultrasound last month to see if the problem had resolved itself. It dawned on me that Grandma had never seen an ultrasound of a baby in utero. She's seen plenty of ultrasound pictures, but they never do the actual ultrasound justice. Actually seeing the heart beat and spastic movements of the baby is quite fascinating. Since this was apparently the last one they were going to do, as long as everything was okay, I thought she should experience it. So with Dada and Grandma in tow, we saw Baby Brother (hereinafter referred to as "BB") for what was supposed to be the last time in utero. Right off the bat, the doctor found that the problem he had previously seen had, in fact, resolved itself. No longer an issue. Next he checked the heartbeat and turned up the volume. As we were listening to his wee little heart beat away (141 beats per minute), BB gave a swift kick. Of course I felt it, but everyone else heard a big thud. Then the doc navigated around showing Grandma the sights - abdomen, arms, feet, boy parts, etc. As he was doing this, BB decided to cooperate very nicely and posed for a close up shot as well as a profile.

Now, when I was pregnant with Connor, we had names picked out before we even knew we were expecting a boy. We were ready with whatever gender was coming our way. This time, we had the girl's name left over from last time, but were stumped when coming up with a boy's name. It hadn't dawned on me to look up the meaning of Connor's name until after we had already picked it. Having learned my lesson (his name means "stubborn" and "strong willed"), I decided to try looking up meanings of names to come up with possible names. I tried meanings like "calm" and "mild" but didn't like any of the names that were associated with those meanings. Feeling sorry for our unnamed child, a co-worker actually brought in two baby name books for Dada and I to peruse. But when we did, we had more fun pointing out the ridiculous names that we couldn't believe anyone would actually use. It got us nowhere. A few weeks ago, a name popped into my mind. I ran it by Dada. He said he liked it too, but I don't think he was convinced. I finally got around to looking up the meaning, and it's looking like we have a winner. After all, he gets the credit for coming up with Connor. I should get this one. The name, which will remain a secret for the time being, means "brave" and "valiant." I decided to get Connor's input on the name. His first reaction was to tell me he didn't like it. However, last weekend he and I were at the grocery store. As I pushed the cart down the cereal aisle, out of the blue he turned around and told me he did like it and wanted it to be his baby brother's name. I hadn't even mentioned the name to him in over a week. I was in shock he could still remember the name since I had only mentioned it that one time. Since then, he has also named his baby doll the same name. Anyone thinking they're going to be sneaky and get the name out of him should know that I will be monitoring all of his conversations.

1 Comments:
What a cliffhanger!!! I need the know the name immediately!!! When is your exact due date? The picture of BB is amazing. Love you lots, DeAnne
Post a Comment
<< Home