Party Time
When deciding on the theme for Connor's birthday party this year, I turned to the birthday boy for his input. His response was, "a red party." I had been debating whether he was too young for a fire truck themed party, but decided to roll with it. After all, fire trucks are red. The past 2 years we invited our friends, so this was the first year we invited some of his friends. I sent out the invitations, made the plans, bought the decorations, etc. all ahead of time. I was pretty impressed with myself.
Since I had done so much ahead of time, I really didn't think there was that much to do today before the party. Boy, was I wrong. What seemed to be simple tasks took me twice as long. Luckily, Connor was able to go play at Aunt Tin's house while I ran my errands. Grandma came over a few hours before the party started to help out as well. It was a BIG help! I don't know what I was thinking that I could do it all myself. Connor went down for his nap on schedule and took a good, long one. Yet at 3:15 I had to wake him up so he would be ready for his guests at 3:30. He's not a very happy camper when he gets woken up, and today was no exception. He was sure cranky! His first guest was his best friend Rita. We couldn't even get him to go downstairs to say hi to her. He was being such a stinker!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The kids took turns batting at a fire truck pinata. The pinata itself turned out to be stronger than the hook that was attached to it. After a few hits, it was on the ground but still intact. Mischa finally broke the pinata open after it had fallen to the ground. The kids squealed with delight when they saw the candy, fire truck memorabilia, bubbles, balls, etc. spill out from inside.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
After we had divvied out all the pinata goodies, we headed inside for cake and ice cream. It was while Connor was stuffing cake in his mouth that I heard the rumble outside. It took me all of a second to realize what the sound was, and I went dashing outside with camera in hand.
Daddy said that as they drove around the block, Connor waved at everyone they passed. I don't think we're going to be able to wipe the smile off his face for a long time. As one might imagine, we created quite a stir on our block. As the truck pulled away, we saw some neighbors standing across the street on the sidewalk. They have a boy just a few months younger than Connor, who is apparently obsessed with fire trucks. He was standing there in awe. If only we had known . . .
.
After the excitement of the ride, we headed back inside to open presents. As usual, he got spoiled with presents. The party went a bit longer than anticipated and I was a little disappointed his other friends didn't show up. But all in all, I think Connor had fun and that's what matters most.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home