Nice Surprise
A couple of months ago, my supervisor gave me a flier for Nemo on Ice. She was taking her daughter and thought I might be interested in taking Connor. She thought right. I called up Aunt Tin and asked if she'd like to go too. We decided her date would be Mischa. So I went ahead and bought the tickets. The next day, I found out Dada had the night off and would have been able to go as well. But it was too late, the tickets were already purchased. I'm sure you can imagine how crushed he was to not be able to go. I decided to not tell Connor about it yet (partly to avoid the daily "is it Nemo day yet?" that would have been inevitable). Instead, I told him we were going on a date and it was a surprise. He has come to realize that when I tell him there's going to be a surprise, it's a good thing. He excitedly, but patiently, awaits for the surprise to be revealed.
Then the lights dimmed and suddenly Mickey Mouse, Goofy and Donald Duck appeared on the ice, which soon led into Nemo and Marlin appearing right before his eyes. I don't think Connor's eyes left the ice from that moment on. He did jump at one point when I pointed out a big shark that had come out on the ice (which he had not yet noticed).
When the show was over, Connor turned to Aunt Tin and exclaimed, "Wow! That was a nice surprise!" As soon as we hit the parking lot, he turned to me and asked, "Are we going to WalMart now?" Mind you, it was 9:30 pm by this time. His little heart was set on getting a sword, so was obviously disappointed when I told him no. He fell asleep in the car on the way home, which was to be expected. When we got home, I carefully tried to get him out without waking him. While I was carrying him inside though, he stirred awake briefly. He looked at me through slitted eyes and said, "That was a really great surprise, Mommy," before closing his eyes and going back to sleep.

1 Comments:
sleeping booty? so adorable!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home