Sunday, February 24, 2008

Crammin'

Even though she wasn't due until March, Jules was given the choice to be induced early. Since Kenner was 8 days late, she jumped at the opportunity. They knew the date would be February 21st, but they weren't sure of the time. It all depended on the number of empty beds at the hospital. Well, they got a phone call from the hospital at 7:30 a.m. the morning of the 21st, asking if they could be at the hospital at 8:30. Jules said she and Brrrian have never rushed that fast. Grandma stayed behind with Kenner, knowing it would be a few hours before baby brother arrived. They started her on pitocin at 10:00. When I spoke with her at 2:00 that afternoon, she had only dilated to a 3. I spoke to her again pretty close to 5:00. She had dilated to a 4 by then, and Grandma had taken Kenner home since it appeared it would be a few hours yet. I called Grandma during American Idol - around 7:30 - to check on the progress. She had just talked to Jules and found out she was a 7. While I was talking to Grandma, Brrrian beeped through to her, so I let her go. Apparently, the reason he called was to tell her to get to the hospital pronto. The baby was about to make his appearance. Apparently the doctor showed up about 10 minutes after Jules had been checked, and decided to check her again. In a mere 10 minutes Jules had gone from a 7 to being fully dilated. Three pushes later, and their little bundle of joy was born at 7:52 p.m.

They had decided not to share the name they had picked out for the baby with anyone - except the Grandmas on both sides of the family - until he was born. Jules slipped and said his name the day before when I was talking to her, but I told her I could keep a secret for 24 hours. Anything over that was pushing it though. Now that he's arrived, the secret's out. Kameron James weighed in at 9 lbs 3 oz. And he was 2 weeks early! Since he was such a big baby, he had a little bit of a problem on his way out. His shoulder got hung up a bit. After cleaning him up and taking a few pictures, they whisked him away to take some x-rays of his shoulder and collar bone. That night, his oxygen levels dropped and he ended up in NICU. He ended up staying in the nursery for his entire hospital stay. Jules was released yesterday, but Kameron stayed on for some extra monitoring until today. He's home now, and big brother Kenner has finally been able to hold him. He's tried to play catch with him as well, but that didn't go over so well. Jules is a little out of practice with baby boys. She forgot about how quick you have to be when changing diapers. When Kameron christened her, it all came flooding back to her. When I told Connor about his new little cousin, he wholeheartedly tried saying his name. However, even after I tried correcting him a few times, it still comes out, "Crammin'."






2 Comments:

Blogger NYCityChic said...

Crammin? I LOVE IT!!! So loving the blog, too, and keeping up with everything. Sounds like everybody is doing great! Send my congrats to Jules, too!
xoxo,
D

8:22 PM  
Blogger Lund Family said...

I love looking at your blog! Thanks for posting the pictures of Kameron. Nate never fills me on any of the details! He is adorable!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home