Saturday, December 08, 2007

Party Day

Connor was invited to his first, official party. Rita was hosting a cookie decorating party at her house. In preparation for the party, I took him to the store to get her a little present. We ended up on the ornament aisle. While I was busy pointing out Dora, Barbie and various Disney princesses, he found the Sesame Street ornaments. He ended up picking a Cookie Monster ornament. Pretty appropro considering the theme of the party. The party happened to fall during his nap time, so I prayed he wouldn't have a meltdown. Besides Connor and Rita, there were three other kids there that he knew from his daycare. You never quite know what to expect from a two year old, let alone a group of them. Surprisingly, they all got along and had a good ol' time. Rita's mom, Jennifer, went all out for the party. Each kid had their own tub full of sugar cookies to decorate. Connor helped with the first couple of cookies, then decided he would rather eat the M&M's instead of put them on the cookies. He also kept sneaking over to the snack table to snitch Cheetos. His orange fingertips gave him away each time. It wasn't until the party was over and everyone was packing up to head out that we all realized we hadn't taken any pictures. Of course Connor was on a sugar high by that time, and really hammed up for the camera. When we got home, I started doing some stuff in the kitchen. It wasn't long before I realized it was quiet and I hadn't seen Connor in a few minutes. I called out his name and heard some giggling coming from the front room. I glanced in there and didn't see him, so called his name again. It took me a bit to figure out the giggling was coming from inside a box. That empty box entertained him for a good 30 minutes. It's beyond me why we buy any toys for him. It's always the cheap or free stuff that catches his eye.

















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home