Newsflash!
Our family is growing by leaps and bounds. It may be old news now, but Nate and Dre are expecting a baby girl in mid-January. This is their first, and we are VERY excited for them. And of course not wanting to be left out, Brrrian and Jules made the announcement about 6 weeks later that they're expecting at the end of February/first part of March. They just found out last week that their bundle of joy is a boy. Deciding to join the baby parade, we found out over Labor Day weekend that we are also expecting. That's right, Connor is going to be a big brother! We chose to keep it to ourselves until after my first prenatal appointment, just to make sure everything was okay. Of course, the doctor wouldn't see me until I was at least 9 weeks along, so it was a loooong 4 weeks holding in our little secret. But worth it, don't you think? The appointment went well, so on my way in to work I made a stop at the post office. Connor sent a card to family and a few friends to share the exciting news. For the mailing, we ordered a special postage stamp to give everybody a clue as to what was contained inside. The card itself took some time to put together, but I had plenty of time to do it.
.
.
.
.
.
I discovered the news on September 2nd while Dada was at work. I had taken a test about a week and a half before because I thought for sure I was pregnant. But it came back negative, and I thought I was losing my mind. There was no question this time that it was positive though. Just to be sure, I took a second one. Once I got over the initial shock, Connor and I set out on a quest to get something together to share the news with Dada. Connor was very excited to get Dada a surprise. However, he had no idea why we were getting him a surprise. I couldn't very well explain it to him, because then EVERYONE would know. We went to Babies-R-Us to look into getting him a shirt that announced he's going to be a big brother (yes, the story in the card is true - he rode the Dumbo ride on our way out). However, since Kenner had already stolen our thunder with that idea in July, I decided I had to come up with another way to share the news. That's when I thought of Connor sending out a card to family and friends. As for Dada, we found him a special card and bought him a cake.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
To say the least, he was VERY surprised. The "official" due date is May 4. Connor has changed his answer when asked if he wants a baby brother or a baby sister. He started out saying, "I want a baby sister that's a boy." I've explained to him that really, that's not possible. Now he says he wants "a baby sister that's a grrrl." Much more plausible. Unbeknownst to Dada, I've already decided Connor will be getting a baby doll for Christmas so he can start "practicing" his big brother roll. I've also been asking Connor what we should name the baby. Last night he blurted out, "Allie." This morning it was "AJ." But the funniest suggestion he came up with was the over the weekend while we were at Aunt Tin's house. He told her he wanted a baby brother named Jack Jack so he can be Dash. You never know what's going to come out of his mouth next.
.
.
.
.
.
(Actual size of baby: 2.31 cm)
.
.
.
.
.
.

1 Comments:
CONGRATS!! I'm so happy for you. :)
Andrea
Post a Comment
<< Home