Brown Bear, Brown Bear
If only I'd had the video camera. We used to close Connor's door at night after putting him down. But lately, he's been asking, "Leave the door open, please." Well, while I was getting ready for work this morning, I realized I had to run downstairs to get something. Once I opened our door, I quickly realized Connor was awake. He hadn't made it a known fact that he was awake (he usually starts calling for me), so I froze in my tracks. I didn't want to actually get him up yet, so I crept as quiet as I could down the hallway, hoping he wouldn't hear me. While doing so, I heard him saying, between grunts, "I . . . almost . . . got it" I peeked through the door crack to see that he was lying on his belly, reaching with all his might to get something on the floor. As I started downstairs, he exclaimed, "Brown Bear, yay!" As I returned upstairs a minute later, I could hear him talking. So again, I peeked through the door crack. This time, I saw that he was lying down and surrounded by a few of his toys - Dash, Mr. Incredible, Nemo, and Rex (his dinosaur). He was reading to them: "Brown bear, brown bear, what do you see? I see a . . . [page turn] duck looking at me! See? Duck, duck, duck. It's a yellow duck!" I crept back down the hallway to finish getting ready. He was still reading when I went to get him up a few minutes later: "Teacher, teacher, what do you see? I see . . . [page turn] children looking at me! See? That's a boy, a girl, a girl, a boy, a boy . . . I'm a boy too!" About that time, he realized I was poking my head around the door. I asked him if he was reading to his toys. He nodded and replied, "Brown bear makes me happy."

1 Comments:
Tanya, He sounds still-adorable! And so smart! Though neither surprises me. Glad you are keeping this up... good read. :)
Andrea
Post a Comment
<< Home