Labor Day
It just seemed right to spend the unofficial last day of summer at the pool, so for Labor Day, that's exactly what Connor and I did. We headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's for a pool party. Unfortunately, yet again, Dada had to work. Aunt Tin, Micah and Mischa also joined us at the pool. I wasn't in the mood to get wet, so Aunt Tin graciously took pool duty while I took pictures. Just like all the times before, Connor didn't want anything to do with the pool. But within a few minutes all inhibitions had gone to the wayside. It got to the point that he wouldn't even wait for Aunt Tin to finish counting before he'd jump in again. No fear.
The lifeguards had a few games for the kids to play in the pool, including diving for coins. Obviously, Connor couldn't do that. But we did get to do the water balloon toss. I'm not sure how he managed it, but when he dropped the balloon I tossed to him, I'm the one who got wet.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Since he "won" the toss, he got to pick some prizes. He went straight for the candy and a baseball - a nice mix of me and Dada.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It started clouding up and cooling off a bit before long. Through chattering teeth, Connor announced he was cold. So I threw his shirt back on him and wrapped him in his towel. But I guess he just couldn't stand the thought of the other kids still playing, and before I knew it, he had thrown his towel aside and ran straight for the fountain.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
After all the fun and games, we went back to Grandma and Grandpa's and hung out for a while. Then we headed over to the nearby park for a BBQ, where Dada was able to meet us for dinner.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home