Thursday, July 26, 2007

Connor-isms

You know what they say . . . kids say the darndest things. It's true. Especially in Connor's case. Here are some examples of recent conversations I've had with him:

Conversation 1
Connor: Where did Grammy go?
Mommy: Who?
Connor: Grammy. Where did Grammy go?
Mommy: Who's Grammy?
Connor: Grammy is Grandma . . . Sandra (he didn't actually say "duh," but it was certainly implied).

Conversation 2
Mommy: Who's having a baby?
Connor: Nate and Dre having a baby!
Mommy: Where is the baby?
Connor: In Dre's belly.
Mommy: Who else is having a baby?
Connor: Kenner and Jooolia and Brrrrian having a baby.
Mommy: Where is the baby?
Connor: In Jooolia's belly. I want a baby.
Mommy: You want a baby?
Connor: Yes. I want a baby in my belly.
Mommy: You can't have a baby in your belly. Only mommies can have babies in their bellies.
Connor: Mommy having a baby?
Mommy: No, not right now.
Connor: But I want a baby. An orange baby!
Mommy: You want an orange baby?
Connor: Um, no. I want a pink baby!

The other day we were at the grocery store. I was finishing up paying for the groceries and talking with the cashier. He was bugging me for a penny to ride the horse: "Mommy, Mommy, Mama . . ." with barely a breath in between. I guess I didn't acknowledge him as quickly as he wanted me to. The next thing out of his mouth was, "TANYA!"

As we leave our neighborhood, we pass a fire station. Regardless if we're on our way somewhere or on our way back home, he has to look for a fire truck. When the garage door is open or a truck is actually pulled out onto the drive, he gets very excited. However, more often than not, it's inside with the garage door closed. But since he can't see it, he doesn't think it's there. So 95% of the time, we have a conversation that goes a bit like this:
Connor: What do we look for?
Mommy: Hmmm. I don't know. What should we look for?
Connor: A fire truck!
[dead silence as we approach the station]
Connor: No fire truck! Aw man! Doggonit! It's not back yet.
Mommy: Back from where?
Connor: The grocery store.

As for a bit of trivia, do you know what porcupines eat? Connor does. He first started saying it after a trip to the zoo with Aunt Tin. I was able to catch it on film when we went to the zoo with his little friend Rita.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home