That's Incredible!
Towards the end of my pregnancy with Connor, I sat through the 2 hour movie The Incredibles. Although I enjoyed it, it was quite uncomfortable sitting on theater seats with my big ol' belly and excruciating back pain. It was the last movie I saw in a theater while I was pregnant. I guess that's why it's pretty ironic that Connor is so obsessed with The Incredibles now. I don't even remember when he saw it for the first time. But ever since that time, he relates everything to the characters in the movie. He runs fast like Dash and eats his supper so he'll be strong like Mr. Incredible. The grocery store I frequent uses Disney characters on their store brand products. Whoever dreamed that up deserves a BIG raise. Some items that used to make Connor turn up his nose he will now eat because of the character on the item. Every morning he gets to choose if he wants "just Dash," "Mr. Incredible," or "Dash and Violet" string cheese. He will also drink yogurt smoothies for the mere fact they have The Incredibles or The Lion King on them. Finding anything with The Incredibles outside the grocery store has been quite a task though. The only thing I found at The Disney Store was a pair of socks. But I hit a gold mine when I did a search online. Not only did I find some Incredibles paraphernalia, but it was all on clearance. Score! Now Connor has several pairs of pajamas (which, by the way, help him run fast like Dash), a lunch box, a backpack, a rolling suitcase, and a talking Dash doll. Chizuko rescued Mr. Incredible and Syndrome dolls from a garage sale. Connor rarely goes anywhere without one of them. As long as the obsession continues, I'm sure you can imagine what he'll be for Halloween this year.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home