Starts with a "P"
It started with a runny nose. Then a bit of a cough. Same symptoms he's had in the past when he's had a cold. However, on Wednesday, I got a call that I needed to pick him up from daycare - he had a fever. The next morning, his temperature had not gone down at all, so a trip to the doctor was in order. I figured he had another ear infection since he's had a few in recent months. Luckily, Aunt Tin had the day off and was able to take him in. The doctor did a great job. Even after diagnosing an icky throat, etc., she wasn't convinced that it was just a viral infection like before. She ordered a round of x-rays. Lo and behold, she was right - he had pneumonia. Pobrecito! After a few doses of a strong antibiotic, he was feeling (and acting) much better. However, because he hadn't been on it for a full 24 hours, he had to stay home from daycare on Friday. He rode to work with me, where we met up with Grandma. She had just purchased a new carseat to keep in her car, but had not installed it yet. Since I'm such a pro (ha!), I installed it as best as I could, but suggested that she stop at a fire station on the way home and have one of the firemen certified in carseats to doublecheck it.
Little did we know how a little trip to a fire station would make Connor's day. He was beside himself with excitement. While one of the firemen checked the installation of the carseat (and, I'm proud to say, commented on what a fabulous job I did), some other firemen let Connor crawl around on a fire truck. Then they whipped out a Polaroid and took his picture sitting on the truck. You would never guess the kid had pneumonia.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home