Nemo Party
Okay, so I realize this should have posted a month ago. My only excuse is that I've been busy. Really!
[sigh] I would never have thought planning a party for a 2 year old could be so exhausting. In the end, all the planning and running around paid off. Most importantly, Connor seemed to have a great time. I probably spent way more time than I should have deliberating over the theme for his party. I couldn't really think of a theme to tie in his birthday gift like we did last year (rocking horse - cowboy theme). Nemo and Elmo were the finalists. Since Connor's fascination with Nemo seems to be neverending,
he made the final cut. I think it was the few hours prior to the party that really wore me out. I had the entire day planned out. In the morning, we were going to take Connor and his cousins Kenner, Micah and Mischa to get their pictures taken. Then it would be time for lunch, naps, and the party to top off the day. If only it had been that easy. We had a free package to use at WalMart since they lost the last set of cousin pictures that were taken back in October. The photographer was rude from the get go. The way she had the kids pose was ridiculous. And she wasn't able to take one single picture. Not one! It was a complete waste of time, and ended up putting us behind schedule. So we raced home, quite irritated. Connor dozed off in the car, but as soon as I pulled in the driveway, he woke up. He ate some lunch, then we attempted to put him down for his nap. I think he did everything BUT sleep. I left at 2:30 to pick up the balloons, and I could hear him in his room having a conversation with some of his stuffed animals. When I got home at 3:00, he was running around downstairs. Apparently, shortly after I left, he started calling out and Nanny responded. She had to call in Dada for backup though. Connor had taken it upon himself to take off his diaper.

Even without having a nap, he actually did very well at the party. Guests started showing up at 4:00. He greeted each one by announcing "Happy Day!" Dada started up the grill and cooked up a bunch of burgers, hot dogs, and brats. When we were done eating, we played a game of "Pin the Fin." Micah, Mischa and Crazy Uncle Nate were good sports by showing Connor how it's done. Although Connor refused to wear a blindfold and yet still managed to "pin the fin" way off target, he had fun.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Of course he was spoiled with all the great gifts everyone brought for him.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
After he was done opening and playing with some of the presents, it was time for cake. It was a completely different experience from last year, when he wanted nothing to do with it. This year, he kept swiping his finger through the frosting when he thought no one was looking. Then, I guess he decided he didn't care if there were witnesses, as documented when he
.

.
.
.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home