Silliness
I'm finding that as Connor's vocabulary grows by leaps and bounds, I'm starting to have actual conversations with him. It's fun because you never know where he's going to take it. While I was reprimanding Gunner approximately two weeks ago, he blurted out, "Damn it, Gunner. Damn it!" While memorable, I wasn't sure I wanted that recorded, but decided it might be nice to use against him in years to come. Some of the conversations are outrageous, funny, or downright cute, so I have to record them for posterity's sake. One such conversation occurred tonight during splish splash. I had granted Connor's wish of singing his current favorite song, "The Wheels on the Bus." I had gone through the regular verses with the bus, horn, wipers, baby, mommy, and dada. Then I decided to add a final verse, "The Connor on the bus is silly." (Yes, it doesn't quite fit the beat, but I made it work.) It amused Connor much more than I thought it would. When I finished:
Connor: Mommy silly!
Mommy: No, I don't think so. Who is silly?
Connor: [no pause whatsoever] Nate silly!
Mommy: Definitely. Who else?
Connor: Dre silly!
Mommy: Hmmm. Not as much as Nate, but maybe a little. Who else?
Connor: Baby Kenner silly!
Mommy: [chuckling] Who else?
Connor: Papa silly!
Mommy: Awwww! Anyone else?
Connor: Andy Debi silly!
Mommy: [laughing out loud] Who else?
Connor: Dada silly!
Mommy: All the time! Anyone else?
Connor: Ummm . . . that's all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home