Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Happy Day

Connor and I were chatting this morning while I was getting him dressed. He was yapping about Gunner, but stopped mid-sentence, looked up at me, and exclaimed "Happy day!" I was a little slow (it was early and my brain was still on snooze) in comprehending what he was saying, so asked "are you happy?" He nodded yes, then said it again, "Happy day!" So I start singing, "Oh Happy Day." He gave me a look that was somewhere between confusion and "I have a crazy Mommy." So I stopped singing and gave him my full attention.
Connor: Happy day! [pause] Baby Kenner! [pause] Jooooolia! Bian!
Mommy: You want to see Baby Kenner, Julia and Brian?
Connor: Yes. Nanny. Happy day!
Then it dawned on me . . .
Mommy: Happy birthday?
Connor: YES! [big HUGE smile on his face, nodding excitedly]
Mommy: It's not your birthday yet. But soon. Are we going to have a party?
Connor: Yes! Party!
Mommy: Do you know what we're going to do for your party?
Connor: Presents.
He may be a few weeks shy of two, but this kid knows what it's all about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home