Elmo Cakes
Not only is it the day before his birthday, but it's also happens to be his last day in his class at daycare. He'll be moving up to the 2 year old classroom on Monday. Of course it's cause for celebration (after I get over the fact that he's growing up way too fast), so I decided Connor should take some cupcakes to daycare and share with his friends. Even though he's a chocoholic, we decided on cherry chip cupcakes.
After all, he goes bonkers for the cherry chip "pink cookies" at King Soopers (one of the reasons we can't shop at Safeway - they don't have them). The cupcake papers have Elmo on them, and Connor thinks they're the greatest thing ever. We baked them before supper last night so they could cool while we ate. When we were done eating, he let me frost the cupcakes while he took care of adding the sprinkles. He ended up eating more sprinkles than he actually sprinkled - as usual. Since we made a few extra, he had a preview of his birthday treat for dessert. He dug right in. I stepped away for 5 seconds to grab the camera. Literally, 5 seconds! When I turned back around, all that was left were a few crumbs. He inhaled it! Of course he promptly asked for "mo Elmo cake." So tonight I decided to be prepared before handing over the goods. I grabbed the camera first, then gave him an 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home