Party Time
Valentine's Day this year marked Connor's first official "school" party. In all actuality, it was a glorified snack time, but I took time off work so I could attend the event. There are 10 children total in his class, 4 girls and 6 boys. A few weeks ago he helped pick out his valentines. Passing up the choices of Spongebob, Elmo, Nemo and Mickey Mouse, he picked Madagascar. Why? Because of the "a-mahls," reminding me about "Nanny, zebra" (when we went to see the zoo lights). A few days before the party, he helped me get his valentines signed for his classmates, teachers, and even a few loved ones. He signed up to bring cookies to the party. When I arrived at 10:00, the kids were sitting quietly in their seats, patiently waiting for Miss Lisa and Miss Ashley to get the snack plates together. The snacks were a sweet tooth's dream - cupcakes, 3 different types of cookies, and apple juice. When I saw the plates, I almost felt sorry for the teachers for the sugar rushes that they would be dealing with later. When Connor's plate was placed in front of him, he promptly picked up each cookie and took a small bite of each one. He settled on the soft sugar cookie with frosting an inch thick and gobbled it up in between gulps of his apple juice. He had to ask for "mo juice pease" twice before he'd had enough. He was the first to finish, only having eaten one of his cookies and not even touching the cupcake. Whew! The other children finished a bit after him and joined him on the carpet for play time. It was interesting to see all 4 girls play so quietly, meek and mild, whereas all the boys were bouncing off the walls. I don't think that ever changes. Boys will be boys.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home