Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Open House

The weekend after the big wedding, the happy couple had an open house for the family and friends who weren't able to travel to Utah for the wedding. Grandma and Grandpa were able to get special permission to come home for the weekend so they could be a part of it. The day of the open house, the family gathered at the church and decorated the gym to look like a winter wonderland. Of course Connor helped out as much as he could. At one point, he decided climbing in and out of tubs was much more fun than helping. He liked climbing in and asking for a "ride." However, I noticed that after a bit, he started undressing himself. Still not sure why. We finished decorating in time for lunch and someone's nap. The finished product looked pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have a single photo of it. The open house itself was unbelievable. I couldn't believe how many people showed up. People just kept filing through the doors. It ended up being a late, late night once we got everything cleaned up. But Connor was a trooper through it all. The only whining I heard was when we asked him to smile for a family picture. Lil' stinker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home