Thursday, December 21, 2006

With A Kiss On Top

I'm not sure what it is, but there's something about a blustery blizzard that brings out the baking in me. Maybe it has something to do with the oven warming up the kitchen, or just the smell of baked goods. But after coming home early from work today, baking seemed like a good idea. Of course, Connor had to help. The recipe for the afternoon: peanut butter kiss cookies.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I think more ingredients ended up on the counter top than in the bowl initially, but eventually they all found their way into the bowl.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Connor kept turning on the mixer before it was time, so I had to keep it unplugged until it was actually ready to mix.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Once everything was mixed together, Connor had a taste test before giving his seal of approval, "yummy!" Then he helped me roll the balls of dough in sugar and placed them on a cookie sheet. He left his finger indentions on a few.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

While the first batch was in the oven, I had him start unwrapping the kisses. When the timer went off and I turned my back on him, he took that opportunity to pop one in his mouth. When I turned around, his eyes were wide open, his cheeks were poofed out, and chocolate drool was dripping down his chin. He had "guilty" written all over him. By the time we were done, I think the final count was:
kisses gobbled by Connor: 5
kisses gobbled by Gunner: 1
kisses gobbled by Mommy: none
a sweet, wet, gooey chocolatey kiss from Connor: priceless

I'm sure you can guess Connor approved of the final product.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home