Snow Play
We've attempted to get Connor to play in the snow before, but he's never been too excited about it. He didn't seem to have a problem with that today. In fact, when Daddy went outside to plow the driveway, Connor insisted to go outside as well.
We piled on an extra layer of clothes, his coat, mittens and hat, and slipped on his new boots. Then he ran to the door, so excited to go play in the snow. I thought for sure he'd change his mind once he was actually out in it, but it turned out that I eventually had to bribe him to go back inside. He loved it! As he was throwing snow around,
I pulled out the sled he got for Christmas last year from Santa. We've never had enough snow to even try it out until now. He thought it was great. It didn't work too well on the big mounds of snow, but once Daddy got some of the driveway cleared off, he could fly down the packed snow pretty fast. I think the highlight for him was "helping" Daddy. While Daddy plowed, Connor pushed a shovel around. He didn't
really get anything accomplished, but to him he was helping. After he helped for a bit, he sat down to rest. I asked him if he was ready to go inside. "No!" I finally convinced him to go back inside by bribing him with hot chocolate.
He's never had it before, but "chocolate" is a magic word for him. His hot cocoa consisted of warm chocolate milk, which he gulped down in a heartbeat. I promised him he could go play in the snow again after his nap (which he'll be waking up from any time now). With as much snow as we got, he'll have days aplenty to play in it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home