While We're At It . . .
Connor's vocabulary grows daily. Gone are the days where he just said Mommy, Dada and Dawdy (doggie). I was caught by surprise when he repeated one of the pet names I have for him out of the blue. I burst out laughing when he said, clear as day, "hey baby cake." He has some other favorites that he uses often: "otay" (okay), "cackah" (cracker), "eerios" (Cheerios), "appo" (apple), "deek" (drink), "deet" (eat), "pash" (slish splash/bath), "guck" (truck), "cah" (car), "nigh nigh" (night night), "hep" (help), and "owee", to name just a few. Two all-time favorites of his seem to be "go" and "bye bye."
He's also really into pointing to everything he can and having me name them for him these days. When putting him down to bed at night, we go through a ritual where I ask him if he wants me to sing to him. He always nods his head yes, so I proceed to sing Rock-a-bye baby. When I finish, he removes his binky, and puts in his next request - "dar." So then I sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. When I finish that one, he removes his binky, and puts in his next request - "BBB." The ABC's are his new favorite song. Once I'm done with that song (and yes, they're always in that order), he points to body parts or items in the room and I have to tell him what they are. Some, he already knows. His favorite is jabbing his finger in my eye (usually my left one) and saying "eye." Then he moves on to nose, ear, hair, cheek (which is one of my favorites because he rubs his hand on my cheek - it's very endearing), shoulder, eyebrow, teeth, etc. After naming body parts, he'll move on to the items on his shelf and around his room. Then he'll usually rest his hands on either side of me on the rocking chair at this point and say, "Nanny care" (Nanny's rocking chair). However, I must say my new ABSOLUTE favorite is when he says "hilo" . . . I love you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home