Step Up
Since Connor has become a do-it-yourselfer, I decided to get him a stool for his bathroom so he can step up, check himself out in the mirror, and brush his teeth on his own. He has it down to a science now. We go
into the bathroom together. As I turn on his bath water, he pulls out his stool, sets it in front of the vanity, and steps on up. He holds his Elmo toothbrush while I add the toothpaste, he brushes his teeth a bit, then hands it to me so I can "finish" brushing his teeth. I rinse off his toothbrush as he steps down and puts the stool back in it's place.
Then he claps his hands for doing a good job. Anyway, the stool came in a 2 pack. The second stool is still downstairs, with good intentions of making it's way over to Aunt Tin's. However, he's discovered that if he carries it from one place to another, he can make it fairly useful. When we first got it, he would set it in random places around the family room, step up, give the room a 180, then step down and move it again. However, he's finally found a spot that he really likes and hasn't moved it in a few days. He discovered he can look out the front window if it's placed just right. And better yet, he can watch the neighborhood boys play "bee-ball" (his word for baseball, but also football).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home