Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day #2

Other than going golfing, Daddy didn't have any plans for his second father's day. So I took it upon myself to make some. After opening his father's day presents (the first season of 24 on DVD, an open-the-flap book entitled Daddy and Me to read to Connor, a Kenny Rogers greatest hits CD, and a bag of dark chocolate truffles) and eating a "gourmet" breakfast (Pillsbury cinnamon rolls), we hung around the house doing some cleaning and some yard work (it never ends). When Connor woke up from his nap, we hit the road to go get the boy a haircut. He may not look like he has a lot, but what he does have was getting out of control. He was actually getting to the point where he was having bad hair days. We paid a second visit to Snipits, where he had his first haircut. We're not sure why, but he squirmed a lot more this time round. From there, we decided to splurge and headed over to WalMart to take advantage of their $6.88 portrait package special for his 15 month pictures. (That's right, fifteen months old!) He did SO much better this time than he ever has before. He snapped right through each shot like a pro and with a big toothy grin on his face. We did two "theme" poses, but the themes themselves will remain a mystery until the pictures are received. Yes, we expect you to wait in suspense until then. But trust me, they're precious and worth the wait! On our way home, Daddy tempted us by suggesting Dairy Queen. He ran inside to get the treats, so I hopped in the back seat to keep Connor entertained. He ended up entertaining me. We have COUNTLESS pictures of Connor by himself and quite a few of him with Daddy. However, there aren't many of Connor and I. Daddy's excuse is that he doesn't know how to use the camera. So I took matters into my own hands. I took some "self portraits" of Connor and I while we were waiting in the car for Daddy. And I must say, I did a pretty darn good job.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

When we got home, Daddy loaded up his golf bag and took off. He went with a friend of his that has "connections." The course they played is a fairly "elite" course. One game runs $125.00. Per person. But luckily for the two of them, it was free. There was some thunder and lightning while they played, so they had to get off the green for a little while, but were able to finish their 9 holes eventually. It was nearly 9:00 when a tired Daddy finally made it home, but he was a happy camper having had some guy time and playing a good round of golf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home