Loves Me, Loves Me Not
Memorial Day for us was fairly uneventful. For the most part, we stuck around the house, doing some much needed yardwork. Connor was kind enough to help me out by watering some flowers. Well, okay . . . he meant to water the flowers, but ended up watering the porch instead, which prompted an "Uh oh!" from him. But that didn't stop him. He proceeded to water the sidewalk as well.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Next, he helped me till the soil in my flower bed. Of course, that didn't last long. He decided it was much more fun to pick up the dirt with his hands and throw it in the air. Then, to mix it up a bit, he stood up, walked over to the porch, and sat in a puddle he had created moments before. As you can imagine, what ensued was a muddy mess on his clothes.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Because it was warm and because I wanted to get him out of his muddy clothes, I thought it might be fun to try out his new little wading pool (I think the bathtub is bigger). I changed him into his swimsuit, strapped on his life vest, and tried setting him in the pool. I think the only thing that actually got wet was his big toe. He almost immediately started shrieking. I tested the water. I would have shrieked too. It was freezing. Sorry! So, he sat on the porch, wrapped in a big, warm towel instead as I continued to work on the flower garden. FYI - never turn your back on a toddler. It got awfully quiet, so I glanced up at him and realized he was picking off all the flower heads that he had so kindly watered for me earlier. And not just picking the heads off. Picking each petal off, one by one. I'm pretty sure the last one he picked off was a "loves me" petal. Most definitely.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home