Friday, May 12, 2006

Better Tell Webster

Out of all the thousands of words found in Webster's dictionary, up until now Connor has only utilized five in his vocabulary: mommy, daddy, dawy (a/k/a doggy), done, and our favorite, uh-oh. Until today. He's added a sixth word, but sadly it's not found in the dictionary. As we were roaming the aisles of Target this evening, I stopped by the infant/toddler clothes to take a peek. I was looking at some new pajamas for him, but Connor obviously had his eyes on something else. Out of the blue, I heard, "Melmo!" I turned in disbelief, not quite sure I had heard right. But there he was, frantically pointing at an outfit with none other than Elmo featured on the shirt. Thinking it was a fluke, I said, "Yes, that's Elmo." He repeated, "Melmo!" He was not too happy when we left the area without Elmo in the cart with us. We then headed towards the toy section. Of course, they have a section dedicated entirely to "Melmo," so Connor was in Elmo heaven. He'd hold one Elmo, then say "done," hand it back to me, and point to another one. After all the months of pointing out Elmo on his diapers, I guess it's finally taken hold. Considering that the Sesame Street character is one of his first words, maybe we need to contact Webster about making an addition to the dictionary . . . ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home