He's Alive!
Just like Dr. Frankenstein, we’ve created a monster. Of course it goes without saying ours is much cuter. But nonetheless . . . he’s alive! Connor was taking a late nap before dinner on Sunday. Daddy was preparing dinner while I was doing dishes. Just as I was about to mix up a batch of brownies (low fat, of course), Connor “called out” to let us know he was awake.
Daddy took over the duties of mixing the brownies while I went upstairs to fetch our boy. When we came back downstairs, Connor became very intrigued with the mixer. When Daddy finished mixing the batter and poured it into the pan, we decided to let Connor have a taste test. At first, he didn’t want anything to do with the beater.
Then, he very tentatively stuck out his tongue for a lick and, as they say,
He loved it all . . . the ice cream, chocolate sauce, and caramel.
The day before, we happened to be at the grocery store and walked by a sampling of Dreyer’s ice cream. Cookies-n-cream. Yum! I took one of the little cups and gave Connor a taste. Before I could take a bite myself, his mouth was already open for more. So what this all comes down to
is this: one of my worst fears has been realized. Connor is now . . . a chocoholic. And apparently is quite proud of it! As this seems to run on his Daddy’s side of the family (you know who you are, Nanny!), we’ll blame it on them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home